Thread: Licensed Rosario+Vampire Manga
View Single Post
Old 2011-05-05, 01:51   Link #19884
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic View Post
shadow's right, and ur also wrong about moka as well. Outer would have never existed as inner is the true moka and outer is just the fake personality. Which is why both sisters like it when inner is released.
Well, to me it seems like Outer Moka would have never existed as a separate personality , if Inner Moka wouldn't be sealed by the Rosario's power. After all, Outer Moka's personality traits still have to have some kind of source, since the Rosario is just a filter (using the definition provided in chapter 29 of the second season) and can't create something completely artificial, that hadn't existed at the time when the "sealing" occurred. In other words Outer Moka's personality traits have already existed within Moka's "real personality", and the Rosario has just created an "separate personality" using some of Moka's "original personality traits" as the "source" of Outer Moka's personality.

Meaning, that the only thing that won't exist, if the Rosario would be removed, is Outer Moka's existence as an "separate personality within Moka" , but that doesn't mean that the personality traits that define who Outer Moka is, won't be gone, since the "real Moka" would still posses the same personality traits - since, we have already seen that Inner Moka, or the "real Moka" can behave in a similar way as Outer Moka does - chapter 26 of the second season is the best example of Inner Moka behaving in a similar way as Outer Moka does.

It's just that the personality traits that Outer Moka possess don't fully define the character that the "real Moka" has, which is the reason why Outer Moka considered a "fake personality", by people who know what kind of person, the real Moka is (like Akasha, or Moka's sisters ).

At least that's how I understand the distinction between Outer and Inner Moka, and why Outer Moka is considered a "fake" or "artificial personality".

Naturally since Outer Moka is capable of experiencing emotions, has feelings, memories and experiences - in other words, everything that we normal humans have, then removing the Rosario or even merging Outer Moka with Inner Moka, could be considered as something similar to killing her - which, certainly would displease some fans of this manga, and as Tsuyoshi has said, it would be an pretty anticlimactic end to this particular problem.

After all, since Ikeda has made the character's of his manga, something more then just two dimensional characters, I don't think that we can simplify things, in our theories, of how the characters in this manga, and for now the problem of Outer Moka is a pretty serious issue that doesn't seem to have an solution - at least a solution doesn't involve the fact that Outer Moka is going to stop being an separate personality within Moka - which, as I mentioned above, would be basically the same as "killing her", since regardless of how she was made, Outer Moka is still someone who has a right to live, just as Inner Moka has the same right - at least I'm starting to understand why Tsukune has broken down so much, after he learned the truth.

Last edited by Chris38; 2011-05-05 at 02:27.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote