View Single Post
Old 2011-05-10, 15:02   Link #57
Gamer_2k4
Anime Cynic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amorce View Post
Yuri "Got the spotlight" because she's the leader of the SSS, didn't you pay any attention ?
As I suppose you didn't read the light novel or the manga, she's the one (with Hinata, Ooyama, Chaa, Noda and Shiina) who created the SSS.
I didn't read either, so no, I wasn't aware of that (though I suppose I could have inferred it). But simply being the leader doesn't necessarily make someone special. So she gave orders here and there? So what? For the majority of the anime, she stayed behind the scenes, pretty much saying "do this" and then disappearing as the others did it. Besides the label of "leader," (and a corresponding hat) Yuri didn't seem to do much to separate herself from the rest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by applejuice View Post
It did not have sensational direction from Yamakan that Suzumiya 'God-knows' had.
"Sensational direction" seems a bit extreme. What exactly made that scene so spectacular? I don't deny that it was a nice interlude in an otherwise bland episode, but calling it sensational, especially in the context of similar scenes in other animes, seems a bit of a stretch.

Also, FWIW, that particular scene draws VERY heavily from one in a movie called "Linda Linda Linda," so, you know, credit where credit is due.