View Single Post
Old 2011-05-21, 20:12   Link #128
cyth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWW View Post
Honestly, it's like people have been drunk with melodrama and pretense lately that they can't enjoy an anime about homely values anymore. It has to have a twist to tickle their senses. The tumor, the abuse, the murder, the paedophilia, none of those have crossed my mind for a second. You're free to hypothesize of course, but some of these are pretty out there.
But crossdressing is pretty out there as well and a good indicator this anime wasn't written for general audiences. Otaku love this kind of controversial, shocking stuff, however I wish to defend our tastes for just a moment here, even though I do long for a more chill, down-to-earth atmosphere from time to time, and would actually prefer to see it in AnoHana. In short, the kind of shocking stimulation is what some of us were seeking before we started watching anime. Mainstream entertainment is weaksauce and just doesn't do it for some of us.

If it comforts you in any way, my prediction (about paedophilia) was mostly made in joke. It could happen though! I'm looking at Poppo's trainwreck potential and I can't help myself but to make fun of him.