View Single Post
Old 2011-05-22, 06:01   Link #35
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

I haven't implemented counting downloads yet, but as each NZB is served by a PHP file (and still will be even after I finally get to implementing caching) it's quite easy to add. Then displaying a page with the most popular downloads should also be easy. But I can't predict if the page will be useful; that kind of depends on whether new and interesting content is really being hit more often (it also kind of depends on how popular Fanzub is - fortunately that is still increasing).

As for whole-series-posting cluttering the page: it might be possible to group several episodes into one "group" of posts for display purposes. However, that will be a lot of work to detect and then properly display I suspect. It's not something I can implement with just 2 lines of code. So I can't promise any ETA.

As for how episodes should be posted on Usenet in general: the best way without a doubt is to post episodes individually with split files (no RAR!) and PAR2 file based on the original file (so that for QuickPar users it will automatically join the split files). There is no a.b.ma.highspeed.repost group is there? Because that's another option - have a switch to hide all posts (cross)posted to a "repost" group. Or maybe a [repost] tag or something?