View Single Post
Old 2011-06-04, 00:37   Link #138
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
Could you pinpoint for me a plan in this sentence? Even the beginning of one?
He just refuses to stay out of the fight, period.
-Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't trying to intergrate himself into the fray a plan in itself? Granted, Naruto is being stupid about but its not like any of his plans were ever pre-meditated and thought through. He thinks of solutions as he goes and for this sort of thing, planning before-hand ain't gonna help him much. He may not have the solutions to world peace right now, but he certainly cannot make any with Madara breathing down everyone's necks.

Quote:
First the behavior of the main character is more important than this background war, secondly no they are not acting the same way.
The Raikage is doing his duty where Naruto is acting on a whim, the Raikage isn't the one who started attacking his own side. The Raikage has every reason to be furious since those two are commiting treason. The Raikage ordering them to follow the orders given by the Alliance isn't the same than Naruto telling them to fuck off.
-Fair enough Hunter, I'll accept your stance on this. Though, now it just struk me that since Naruto isn't technically part of the Alliance (he was not included in their roster and part of their troops), Raikage's orders are invalid and he has no authority over Naruto's actions. B is another story, due to relation, but Naruto? If Naruto was smart he'd throw this reasoning instead but whatever.

Quote:
You still don't get it. Even if their victory brought a thousands more wars it would be worth it nonetheless.
If Madara wins eveything.is.over. He will virtually become a god and enslave all of humanity.

The only thing he needs for that are the Jinchuuriki so if they are going to refuse a direct order, desert and attack their own comrades and leaders they best should have a damned good reason to endanger the entire world.
... And when the reason is solely that Naruto can't stand the idea that his friends could die fighting it's just ludicrous.
-Seems to me then that reagrdless of what A decides, their future is screwed. Madara gets the Jins? He wins. Madara wipes the floor with the Alliance? He wins. A kills Naruto and B? 10 years (of likely civil wars) pass and Madara wins. The world is already in grave danger. A and the Alliance are facing powers that are not held by anyone else. A already lost 50% of his total troops on clones that Madara vat-grew 100K of that day alone. Seems to me like this isn't time for refusing help, especially from those who already wield great powers. Yeah its risky, but they took a risk by accepting Madara's challenge before that anyway. Might as well throw everything you can against your foe if things are this grim.