Thread: Crunchyroll Hoshizora he Kakaru Hashi
View Single Post
Old 2011-06-10, 03:31   Link #357
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier View Post
I personally liked both the beach episode and the Hina episode. More generically, the anime has become better after the school sports festival episode. Nothing outstanding, but decent and at times truly enjoyable.

There would be also Canvas 2 and Da Capo first season. But then we can see that good adaptations can happen if the series are at least 2 cours. What can you do in the development department with 12 episodes and 5/6 heroines, if you consider 2-3 episodes for generic introduction and one episode devoted to each one of them?
That's my point and it's why most 12-13 episode VN adapations fail. Clannad and Shuffle were good, both were 2 seasons. Clannad Afterstory, the best one I've ever seen, again, 2 seasons.

Haven't finished Da Capo (got bored a couple episodes in) and haven't watched Canvas 2 because I heard bad things about it (though the manga was good).

But they really need the extra episodes to develop not only the girls, but the main character as well. After all, it's annoying having him suddenly fall for someone out of nowhere with no build up, end up without a choice or even worse, as I've seen some do, have the development be towards one girl and then suddenly swap at the last second for shock value.