View Single Post
Old 2011-06-23, 06:44   Link #183
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Late to Episode 23 lol. Also aren't we at the last week of the series at Episode 25 this coming weekend?

Episode 23

I'm sure I wasn't the only one who had to pick up my jaw from the floor when we saw Haruta with a girl. Also Noto going apeshit again.

The entire episode was a role reversal for the two. This time Taiga's being the mature and dependable one and Ryuuji's the aimless wanderer. Watching her hold the line when Ryuuji slowly falters goes to show just how much they have each other's backs. But the golden line of the episode and maybe the series?

"If I got you chocolates, would you be happy?"

Sometimes I think Kugimiya Rie drew years of experience voicing Tsunderes just to do this entire conversation with perfection. She's typecasted for a reason, and love it or hate it no one does the role like she does.

The final scene was heartbreaking in it's tense awkwardness. Ryuuji realizes he never told her what really happened on that cliff side that fateful blizzard day. Ryuuji is in the hot seat because at that very moment everyone's sacrifices and, most of all, everyone's lies begin to unravel. Watching Taiga completely act it out in both ignorance and dishonesty as everyone just looks at Ryuuji just tore through everyone. Minorin is completely right, only she can really get her happines, and brings to light what everyone should have realized at this point: Each person has the right to happiness, and must get it themselves.

No time for if's or but's. No time for regrets. It's do or die time for Ryuuji.