View Single Post
Old 2011-06-23, 18:43   Link #1114
AbZeroNow
North American Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
She created the basic theory of time-travel. Like E=mc^2 for nuclear reactions. Mikuru said it is a permanent part of the school curriculum in her time. The only problem is no one actually knew where the theory originated...

Except now we know the Adult Mikuru knew, but didn't tell anyone.

Things get complicated when there was an attempt by terrorists who want to destroy time travel. As it means they can't just kill the future creator of time travel like they planned, but have to kill Haruhi as well.

The important thing I need to note, is that this conclusively proved that Haruhi created the Time Travellers. Not by magicking them into being like some had hypothesised, but by "simply" creating time travel.
Because of Kyon's jump to the future, and just because I suspect that Kyon's speech in Melancholy(which inspired Haruhi to start the SOS Brigade) was a Chekhov's Speech(or Gun maybe to be correct) that will eventually be called back to if she does decide to more proactively contribute to the creation of time travel via more time travel theories and other possible contributions(maybe she helped write the Time Travel faction's rules or she helped with how people in the future became "wetwired").

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
You know what would be really weird? If Mikuru only existed until some event that causes her not to exist, but she exists until the possibility of her existing ends.

In this Mikuru(both versions) exist in the time plane because their existance or non-existance hasn't been decided yet. Mikuru(BIG) knows what is coming so she reflects on her time in the SOS-dan fondly, because she knows her existance (in that time plane) will end after the deciding moment is past. So she will only exist as either (small or BIG) until that point. After that she will cease to exist in Haruhi and Kyon's time plane. She may continue to exist in her own time plane, but after the point of her existance in decided, she can no longer travel back to see the SOS-dan.

Too weird?

What would be weirder would be if Haruhi managed to break space-time to bring in another version of Mikuru into the time plane after the deciding point (because Haruhi doesn't want to loose a friend?) This Mikuru wouldn't know any different (maybe), but Mikuru(BIG) would be gone, and Mikuru(small) would no longer have contact with the future, since her future is now gone (or maybe never existed.) Only by the power of Haruhi does she exist at all now.

Unless it is decided that Mikuru will leave forever at graduation.
So Mikuru would basically be a Schrödinger's Time Traveller? And since that particular quantum bubble hasn't been popped, she can exist in two versions until it has been decided which Mikuru stays in the current timeplane? Interesting theory, but it kind of does give me a headache trying to reason it out. I also suspect that working out the specifics takes this thread yet again close to Ontology territory.