View Single Post
Old 2011-07-23, 13:53   Link #8251
Khalan

I've read it all in the last day or so. Eba deserves to win and be happy.

I'm not sure why some think she's a schemer. All I can see is a kind person who worries more about others than herself. She seemed to continuously sacrifice her happiness for others.

She left home to prevent friction with her new step-sister.

She liked Haruto but when she saw he liked Nanami she arranged opportunities for them to be together.

When he finally came around to her even though she liked him she refused to date him because she knew she was leaving town and didn't want to hurt him.

Even though she didn't think it could work she gave in the day she was leaving town because he insisted.

She was willing to sacrifice her boyfriend and at a minimum a year of her life for what was basically a last request from a friend who had supported her for much of her life. In my opinion this was dick move on the part of the friend not Eba.

I don't think she had thought of leaving him for the sick friend until she saw him holding hands with Nanami. If she had already decided that she wouldn't have been attaching hearts to her texts to him while he was on the train to Tokyo.

I believe when she saw him and Nanami in Tokyo it let her believe it was okay to break up with him. She tried to release Haruto freely and prevent blame falling on Nanami with the breakup note. By making herself look bad enough she assumed he wouldn't come after her. Remember he wanted go to Tokyo to with her before the long distance relationship even started.

It was probably guilt that kept them from dating after after Kazamas death. They wanted to be together but didn't think they could be happy if it was the result of a friends death. She wasn't sure if it was okay and asked Haruto in a rather mild way. Of course he was an idiot again but she tried at least.

I think the two year break was because Eba knew he was dating Asuka. I mean in two years surely she had contact with one of their mutual friends or at a minimum some contact with his mother since her family ended up being invited back to his house without him hearing of it until she told him. I think she would have stayed away from him and Asuka but a few random meetings made her aware she couldn't move forward even though he appeared to. So, she moved to bring a final end to her relationship with him in the same place it started. Closure.

I don't blame Haruto for loving her not just for who she is but for all she's done and tried to do for everyone.
Khalan is offline   Reply With Quote