View Single Post
Old 2011-08-04, 22:51   Link #129
Akashin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragnos007 View Post
Also that all depends on whether or not itachi is still under the genjutsu spell because when you think about it, itachi doesn't have the symptoms of someone under a genjutsu. For one thing shishiu's genjutsu works in a way that makes the target unaware that he is under the spell, and yet itachi is fully aware what happened. Another thing, the order issued by the genjutsu was to protect konoha but he doesn't seem to be following it to the letter, he didn't try to seal nagato up, or anything. He did Amaterasu him and the summons but he doesn't seem to be rampaging with a one track mind. Afterall, itachi said the order that he ebbed into the eye was "protect konoha" nothing more like, live a normal life while you're at it. Itachi is having heart to heart conversations (makes you wonder the affect it would have on sasuke if he got hit with it). It seems to me that the genjutsu and the ET control bonds cancelled each other out. Unless shishiu's genjutsu works similar to tsuyokumi - it lasts for an instance, it is instantaneous but the order is forever ebbed into the brain of the target.
We know too little about this genjutsu to take any of the normal rules of dispelling genjutsu as fact, really. If nothing else, that the jutsu has a ten year recharge time strongly implies it being considerably different to other genjutsu; it being more difficult/impossible to dispel would be, while disappointing if its mechanics go unexplained, not surprising at all.

As for the order it leaves, I have to assume it is a vague guideline to follow rather than a Geass-eque, "Drop everything and worry only about my order," type of deal. If that were the case I sincerely doubt Itachi would have used it; while he may not be above subtly coercing Sasuke away from Madara, I doubt he'd go ahead and turn Sasuke into a mindless shield to guard Konoha. Again, I hope it's explained clearly, but it seems unlikely that it should operate any way but the way it currently is on Itachi.
Akashin is offline   Reply With Quote