View Single Post
Old 2011-08-31, 01:06   Link #3946
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Probably but i'm talking about being confronted to a real life or death situation, so far the have the luxury of confronting very non-threatening opponents, so confront Hayate or anyone else on Section Six isn't even a real danger for any of the Hucks. I wonder who will be the ones to past the test among them when they really find them in a situation where one of them must put his/her life and the live of another Huck on a scale. According with the "law of nature" you mentioned, self-preservation is the ultimate goal and the main reason behind the Huckebein's amoral and sociopathic behavior. They accepted to be like that because they don't want to die, then why waste their so preciated lives? If Curren is to be believed there are more Eclipse Drivers out there so maybe you can still be able to find new companions, so why bother about it? Fortis getting upset at Tohma's noble sacrifice for the sake of others is a good example of this, for Fortis, sacrificing your live for others is such a stupid descicion that it managed to upset him. I don't know about Veyron or Deville's feelings but i can feel a selfish and traitorus vibe coming from him.

But well, that's a common thing with villain teams, they're bonded by their own ambitions(in this case their ambition to survive above anyone else). Usually all falls appart the moment one of the villains wants to gain more than the others and becomes a menace for the goals of the other members. Still, Curren seems to be a very charismatic leader so at least will be interesting to see how she manage to avoid this, she's in charge of a farm filled with selfish beasts ready to kill whatever(and whoever) necessary to preserve their own lives but somehow she managed to make them avoid biting each other. Wonder how long she will be able to mantain this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
I'm sure if there was no other choice, one of them would stay behind to fight off waves of opponents while the others escaped.
Curren, Arnage or Deville probably, i don't see any of the others doing such a thing xDU

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote