View Single Post
Old 2011-10-13, 05:45   Link #2071
Destined_Fate

This series gets a lot of unwarranted hate, especially at Shinn. With the information Shinn had he chose the side he felt would end the war. Of course he supported the Destiny Plan because it was revealed to him that the plan was the reason he was made a pilot and given power. The Chairman was a swell guy, as far as Shinn was concerned, until the very end when he started nuking people with a weapon he was condemning earlier.

Besides, once Rey and the Chairman weren't whispering lies and praising him(Didn't help that when Athrun was unreasonable and harsh to Shinn that Rey was 'quick' to be Shinn's buddy under the Chairman's orders), Shinn realized that he nearly hurt Lunamaria, who he loved and swore to protect(And that he wouldn't let her die like Stella), and that the power given to him wasn't being used in the way he wanted after all. Athrun did say that Shinn had great potential early on and in the end he still believed that since he didn't kill Shinn and rescued him after it was all over.

With all the Flashbacks and hints in the early episodes I don't see how people didn't see Shinn x Lunamaria happening or the Chairman being misguided in his pursuit to end all war.

I also don't understand why people say Lunamaria shouldn't have forgiven Shinn for supposedly killing Athrun and her sister. I mean they had a Flashback to Lunamaria spying on Athrun before the evidence, which she gathered, was reviewed before Athrun was framed. Lunamaria felt just as guilty over what happened that's why she forgave Shinn since he literally had no choice but to follow orders. That and when Lunamaria and Shinn embraced they finally figured out that even after all the death and sadness the wars had brought upon them that they still had each other and it was enough for them both.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote