View Single Post
Old 2011-10-17, 02:55   Link #3123
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Just seen post-game conferences of both coaches on NFL.com. Harbaugh was very apologetic for it...I find it bizarre he almost seems coerced to do so. I guess he's trying to prevent the scenario from becoming a minefield. But do things have to be so sanitised? I bet Al Davis turned in his grave when Scwarthz lost the plot. Rivalry, passion and a bit of banter is part of the game. Seriously, if Harbaugh is getting heat for this, I seriously hope the Ryan brothers get some back for the trash talking barrage they always dish out every week.

Thought that occurred to me after watching some highlights - are other people also of the opinion the teams that play more physical styles are struggling in the early part of the season due to the lockout cutting the pre-season down? Steelers, Jets and Bears have been well sub-par and pride themselves on physical football. Only the 49ers seem to be playing a high level of physical football thus far. The Ravens could also be on the positive side, but I honestly think Ray Rice is flattering Joe Flacco's performances. Flacco's completion rate is barely pushing 50% while Rice is just blasting defense to pieces. Flacco needs to lift his game or Baltimore will get burnt hard by offensively strong/physical sides sides. Weeks 11 and 12 - when they play the Bengals and 49ers - is when I'll finally get a vibe for where Baltimore as at. Before then - Jacksonville, Arizona, Pittsburgh and Seattle - not really much to gauge on before then.