Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Chihayafuru
View Single Post
Old 2011-11-02, 10:07   Link #338
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Bah, why couldn't Arata be the one with the girlfriend? Yuu looks to be very sweet and very perceptive of Arata. Oh yeah, doesn't hurt that they've known each other since before middle school, aka. childhood friends. XD

And lol, Yuu thinking Chihaya is a supermodel. Yeah, they're pretty much implying that Chihaya might have been as successful as her sister as a model if it weren't for her mixture of idolization/inferiority complex in regards to her sister.

But :sigh: it looks like Chihaya is treating Arata like Arata did his grandfather... that they're the ones who introduced them to competitive Karuta and thus, their God of Karuta. While not totally out yet, that did put a big gaping hole in the ArataXChihaya ship, which is quite sad since ChihayaXTaichi still going strong with Chihaya still miffed about the subject of his girlfriend. Gah, stupid traitor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamZZ View Post
About the twist on girlfriend thing, you expect people to think like heroes of Jo Jo's Adventure.
The story is really about the game. The sugar coat romance is just trap. It entices people in the story.
Pfft. It's all about shipping all day, every day.

Seriously speaking though, there's a reason why I'm totally digging into this show. Just compare it to other 'game' anime like Hikaru no Go and Yu-gi-oh, just to name two off the top of my head. I haven't finished either simply because even though the main LI looks to be the childhood friend, the amount of romance (even if it is just subtext) is pitiful in comarison to Chihayafuru.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote