View Single Post
Old 2011-11-07, 13:09   Link #97
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
Yeah, Gilgamesh's first line alone was telling of that and basically a (rather clever) metaphor for the reason why Gil will end up choosing Kotomine over Tokiomi: "Despite being few in number, yours are of higher quality than those in Tokiomi's room." He's referring to the wine bottles there, but obviously there's an underlying meaning that can also be taken as referring to the individuals themselves. Which is to say, even though Kotomine is in a seemingly a lesser position compared to Tokiomi (being his apprentice and all), he's actually a much more interesting and worthwhile individual in Gil's eyes.

Definitely looking forward to that likely betrayal somewhere down the line (I actually have a vague recollection of Kotomine confessing something to that extent to Rin in F/SN, though my memory of it isn't reliable enough for me to be sure of it), though I hope we still get to see some more of Tokiomi beforehand. I get that his character is supposed to be boring, being the quintessential traditional and exemplary magus and all, but a little more characterisation wouldn't hurt. Not to mention it'd be nice to see those fire magic skills of his in action before he bites the dust.
i thought he was talking to himself finding it ironic that he was killed by the same Dagger he gave Rin which was given to him by Tokiomi and which he used to killed Tokiomi.