View Single Post
Old 2011-11-16, 19:58   Link #846
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixl View Post
Furthermore, it is not so much she was powerful, but rather the archetype of a cold badass who finds a heart when he meets innocence personified.
I guess you think that is a bad thing?

I don't see what was bad about Teresa becoming a good person who learned to love again. That is a great thing. She was happy and Clare was happy.

Quote:
It is just that I have seen it so many times in movies, stories, and manga that I am somewhat sick of it. That is not to say it makes a bad character, but I was more interested in Priscilla, who seemed like a shounen protagonist (for justice, etc) gone wrong, very wrong. I do admit I am biased more towards Priscilla due to the fact that she has become fun to analyze through the story.
Well i have not seen that exact circumstance very often. so i don't think it is overused. That is like saying that the "good guy wins, bad guy loses" theme is overused. I mean who really wants a story where all the good guys die? Think of every movie and story you have ever seen/read, now imagine if all the good guys died and the bad guys privaled. would that not make the story pointless? So something being overused, as you say it, is not always a bad thing.

As for priscilla, she is the antagonist of the story now.

"King's to you, Fernand"