View Single Post
Old 2011-11-24, 14:57   Link #98
Akashin

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonmeister View Post
Why didn't Ginjou just explain this to Ichigo while he was still powerless, when he lacked access to his shinigami powers of awesome?
There wouldn't be several captains around to lynch him even if he wins, Ichigo wouldn't be quite so fired up, and the whole Tsukishima/Ginjou/Ishida thingy wouldn't have happened (Ichigo wouldn't know that Ginjou attacked his friends)
Therefore Ichigo would be more reasonable and likely to listen to Ginjou's (I guess reasonable) problems with Ukitake and the SS establishment, perhaps being willing to help after seeing his own manipulation by Ukitake
My best explanation is that, back then, Ginjou didn't count on Ichigo being around for very long. Remember, their plans went no further than having Ichigo acquire his Fullbring and then stealing that power from him; they didn't anticipate SS intercepting Ichigo and making him a Shinigami again, so in their eyes I imagine Ichigo was nothing more than a power source to be used and disposed of/killed. With that in mind, I don't really see what Ginjou would stand to gain by explaining the situation then.