View Single Post
Old 2011-11-28, 18:12   Link #180
Kaiba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
Sola seems motivated by the same thing: love for Lancer (there's a lot in the novel that portrays her as a cold, frozen person who had resigned to be a tool to her family, she had no expectations of love or freedom by her upbringing, so she was almost dead inside, then Lancer appeared and she felt alive and unfrozen for the first time) and she reacts when Kayneth began to badmouths him all the time (and Lancer stands up for him. It's hilarious). If Kayneth dies, there's a chance Lancer will follow. She is truly in love with him.

The three of them are a messy team because of their emotional motivations.

Lancer's love (loyalty) to Kayneth and mistrust on Sola's motivations, he rejects her as Master as we have seen (aka he doesn't form a contract). As much as I feel bad for him, his actions are a bit on the stupid side...

Kayneth is the same. He clearly knows he can't win like this and what she's saying is sensible, but his jealousy blinded him, like his paranoia towards Lancer. Take a look at this:

Spoiler for novel reasoning:

I don't need to bring up Sola's actions since she's been already criticized to death here. I agree her motivations were wrong, but I don't think Kayneth would have given her the seals otherwise (he childishly refused even if he understood it was logical). Because his motivations were wrong too. Wrong in the context of the war that's building around them.

It's not so black and white. The three of them are being blinded by the love triangle stuff. It's not only Sola's fault. They should have included a therapist in their team.
It is pretty funny, and I had never thought about it. Most love trianges have B and C in love with A, and A has a problem. Here, you have A in love with B, B in love with C, and C in love with A ( well, Lancer is more about loyalty, but whatever). A more perfect triangle, ironically.
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote