View Single Post
Old 2011-12-01, 00:09   Link #188
mecharobot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
And this is what I'm talking about, since this thread started, the anti-moe group has been consistently narrowing the years and claiming there aren't any shows outside moe/fan-service/harem and when they got rebuffed, they just disappear, Irenicus pointed out the obvious and they go all defensive.
And this is exactly what I'm talking about. You're grouping people and don't even have the shame to see it for yourself. I've never narrowed my time perspective, yet you use the words of others against me. You can't do that if you're adressing me directly. For the record, of my current top 20 anime, 12 are from 00 onwards.

Also, I've seen most of what you're talking about and some I would disagree with as I see them as derivative works. You see, I'm not talking about what some show has as a single element. I'm talking about about what they actually are. Mitsuki's journey as a singer is definitely the heart and soul of Full Moon. Not some transformations, battles and slapstick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
So what are you implying?
I am implying that otaku pandering is no one thing. It's not moe nor is it fanservice. It's an anime that is specifically made just for them to feel comfortable about themselves with all the familiar elements they like. Comfort food.
mecharobot is offline   Reply With Quote