View Single Post
Old 2011-12-01, 19:02   Link #33
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber

Location: In the eastern capital of the islands of the rising suns...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
... sounds like most of you aren't talking about fetishes, but just attributes you like in characters.
Indeed, but then this is pg-13, what did you expect.

Checking out wiki though, this can easily be kept clean since fetish is not limited to sexual fetishes, at all.
Quote:
A fetish (derived from the French fétiche; which comes from the Portuguese feitiço; and this in turn from Latin facticius, "artificial" and facere, "to make") is an object believed to have supernatural powers, or in particular, a man-made object that has power over others. Essentially, fetishism is the etic attribution of inherent value or powers to an object.
Attraction to items that brings you pleasure would be enough.

This on the other hand:
Quote:
Sexual fetishism, sexual attraction to objects, body parts, or situations not conventionally viewed as being sexual in nature. The object or situation of interest is called the fetish, the person a fetishist who has a fetish for that object/situation.
If we get into the topic of paraphilia, then it's an entire ball game.
(A game I'd love to play on a psychological debate level)

A lot of the posts to date, seem to be based on things or aspects of people that bring non sexual pleasure (as in you don't get hard ons or wet or feel all tingly from seeing them), but are more of an attraction that's brings a pleasant buzz which you'd like to follow up on?
Maybe, lol.

Fetishes also don't have to be weird, just the object of your desire which isn't seen as 'normal' within your society (ie normal in the West being, breasts, legs, eyes) or seems to be a minoirty is seen as unusual thus a "weird fetish".

If it's a 'mystical' fetish of sorts then books for me. xD
Clothes wise, a guy in a black polo neck with glasses and a book is just... mmm.. yeah... humina....
I get chills when I see that kinda outfit.
(Or a guy who usually doesn't wear glasses, wearing them, in bed with shorts and a book)

Yes, books do it for me, seriously.
If I have to then list an actual philia, since I'd like for more to learn about this (took me years and the help of someone who found this term before I felt like I finally was diagnosed correctly, lol)
It's not just me who feels like this!! I'm normal!! xD
Then I'm a lexophile.

For those who're curious, investigate in your own time ^^

As for the rest of this thread, I'll lurk outta curiousity to see how the mods are gonna moderate this and how far we can actually go with it, to see if we get anything legit from it.
Shame there is no 18+ forum though...

Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. - Van Wilder
"If you ain't laughin', you ain't livin'." - Carlos Mencia
Mystique is offline   Reply With Quote