View Single Post
Old 2011-12-17, 20:49   Link #89
Undertaker

Yes, the two TV series are directly connected. Flights of Fancy/Sorezore no Tsubasa/Everyone Has Wings is the second season. DVD specials should associate with them as well but double check the years to be sure. The 2 TV seasons basically follows the manga albeit in a condensed, rearranged form. (considering the manga is currently on-going for 23 years on a monthly magazine). The OVAs released in 2007 (Fighting Wings) and thiis year (Itsumo Futari de) is also the continuation as well as the OVA episode

There is also a 5 episode OVA is release in the '90s so it is not connected to either and can be treated as stand-along series.

TV series called Adventure of Mini-Goddess is related to manga but the series is about super-deform goddess presented in a slap-stick comedy so that's not really you cup-of-tea

The movie, as I mention is a stand-alone story that doesn't really fit into any continuum (but at same time can fit to every continuum as well) but it is a great film that was well-executed and can add to the story.

If you want more story about Keiichi I suggest you pick up the manga because as I said the TV series is more or less a summery of 15 years of manga (at time) and as such it focus on more relationship building stories and stories feature side characters. The movie also add a lot of Keiichi's character and really show who he is in manga. Be warn though, as the manga started in 1988, the art of first 30-40 chapters were pretty messy and a huger difference to his current glamorous style. The creator Kosuke Fujishima is a very well-known mangaka whose You're Under Arrest is also very popular and is known on videogame scene for he character designs for Sakura Taisen and Tales-of- RPG series.

Which reminds me you would probably enjoy Sakura Taisen/Sakura Wars TV series as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classified Info View Post

About Tokimeki Memorial, i had planned on watching it after AMG, but after these new super appealing titles came out, i have to delay it. Same goes for Kimikiss (which i had already tried but with no success, since all the versions i had checked all had orrible video/sound sync)
Which group have you watched and which media player did you use? Because if I remember correctly around that time, (when Kimikiss was released) there from bunch of new encoders came out and fansubbers are experimenting with them which could explain it.

As for Ben-to and co. Yes they are on-going but as I said this season is coming to a close (each season or cour is 3 month hence 11-13 episodes) in a week or so so you should be fine.

Last edited by Undertaker; 2011-12-17 at 21:11.
Undertaker is offline   Reply With Quote