View Single Post
Old 2011-12-28, 00:29   Link #825
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdlc View Post
Since I'm not satisfied with CobaltBlitz's translation, I translated it.

-He have been watching KyoAni works like a normal anime fan.
-At first he only knew of KyoAni as the studio where Yoshiji Kigami worked. Kigami probably doesn't know of him, but He's been interested in Kigami since he was young. He wants to think Kigami of a rival, but he is no match to Kigami.
-He began to think their young animators were working hard since Haruhi.
-Haruhi's animation reminded him of young animators' work on Sasuga no Sarutobi in the 80's. If he was a young animator today he'd no doubt consider KyoAni a rival studio
-Since Lucky Star, their design and art has been very polished and the direction has been also great.
-Their recent projects definitely reach a stage of accomplishments (or arts would be better)
-It's difficult to reach the stage with animation
-the animation is very rich and full, and has excellent control
-K-ON is an ideal form of Japanese TV anime
-I'm praising them very much, but I can't help but praise them right? (laughs)
-Although he doesn't think he is adequate, he wants to draw if he gets an offer (from KyoAni). He thinks he can make it surprisingly, but that he would have to put so much effort in adapting himself to their style.
-It may be pathetic to buy moe anime, but K-ON isn't the case.
-K-ON doesn't feels geeky very much
-Their projects are amazing as they are, but it can be possible to bring vividness into a show without interrupting the flow of it. KyoAni can make it now.
-(Hence) KyoAni is the most advanced anime studio ever.
-if K-ON were made 20 years ago, it'd have been a landmark achievement
-if I had to compare it to another series with such a view? Perhaps "Heidi, Girl of the Alps", even though the subject matter is very different
-In the sense that a show is made of one aesthetic sense and the quality is consistent, K-ON can match "Heidi" or "From the Apennines to the Andes". What else comes to mind is "Ganba no Bōken". Since they reached the point, he wants them to expand their work. They can make it.
This is some epic level brown nosing even by Japanese politeness value standards...I mean wow!