View Single Post
Old 2012-01-20, 08:50   Link #216
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I think School Rumble has some of the best seiyuu performances I've heard in any show. If we had had the Awards when SR was released, I would have had no problems voting for Takahashi Hiroki (Harima), and maybe even Koshimizu Ami (Tenma), for best lead voice acting. Noto Mamiko (Yakumo) and Horie Yui (Eri) could both easily have contended for best supporting actresses.
Well voting for school rumble would be your opinion but i doubt too many people will share it though. As for Koshimizu, i would say that's quite an unique role of hers (i don't think she uses that Tenma type voice in any role besides school rumble and in the last school rumble oav that came out several years after the anime she could not deliver the same voice as in the anime) but it still was in my opinion one of her earlier and inexperienced roles. I think she has improved greatly over the several years by getting more varied and also more serious type of roles and i personally would never call Tenma her best performance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Moreover comedies get much more viewing than serious dramas. To my mind the best drama of 2010 was House of Five Leaves. Its thread here contains a grand total of 270 postings. Even mediocre comedy series get much more traffic than that. Since popularity plays an enormous role in the nomination and voting process, I'd argue that dramas are more likely to be under-represented, not the reverse.
Comedies might get more viewings but if you remove all the genres, then we only have these left

-{B1}- [TV series]
-{B2}- [Movie/OVA/Shorts]
-{C1}- [Storyline/Plot]
-{C2}- [Adaptation]
-{C3}- [Original Story]
-{C4}- [Female Main Character]
-{C5}- [Male Main Character]
-{C6}- [Female Supporting Character]
-{C7}- [Male Supporting Character]
-{C8}- [Antagonist]
-{D1}- [Visuals/Animation]
-{D2}- [Opening/Ending Song]
-{D3}- [Soundtrack]

They might have a chance for best TV series, movie/ova/shorts and adaption if they are really and I mean really good, but otherwise i have doubts that a comedy will win the other categories no matter how popular it is.

Last edited by hyl; 2012-01-20 at 09:03.
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote