View Single Post
Old 2012-01-22, 10:22   Link #31
casval cehack

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Ambat was a Federation fortress before. So the ports are compatible.

Millie made a speculation the Martian colonists died off. Gerra Zoi corrected her that the colonists survived but with a 20% mortality rate.

As I said it is pretty stupid to colonize Mars as it has a weak magnetic field. As it does not have a Van Alen Belt as Earth does to protect it from cosmic radiation.

Sound to me the Veigans are pretty much brainwashed by propaganda by their great leader.

Also the portrayal of the Federation is that of negligent and incompetent. As with the Euba-Zalam conflict before the treaty and the non-protection of colonies the Federation lacks the will for enforcement.

This is different from other portrayals of a Federation in the Gundam franchise. Where as others are control freaks this Federation lacks the political will to govern.
That's right. But during her logging about the Ambat cover-up, Millias said "Even though that foolish action was the start of this..." referring to something in relation to the same cover-up 150 years ago. Very suspicious of her (and she didn't even aged a bit in the previews).

I suspect this is about the psycomet "Mucell", a stuff Geera Zoi cited about enhancing the X-area during his battle with the Flit, the untrained X-rounder. Maybe Mars, even with the disease inducing Mars Rays, is the only resource for this cyber-Newtype thing. But this is for the speculation thread.

So Flit's chapter is about the UE origins, leaving the revalation of their reasons for attacking for the later chapters. Plus the significance about the memento that Woolf acquired.