View Single Post
Old 2012-01-27, 10:32   Link #51
marvelB

Nice to see that good ol' Bluebeard is still pointing out translation errors despite his busy schedule.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
I still remember what happened during the Ace/Luffy/Sabo flashback and right after the timeskip when the crew was heading to FI, a lot of newer readers complained about the pacing. They complained that it was too slow and got all excited (too excited) when the prospect of an epic battle surfaced, only to get all angry when the battles were short and nothing more than skirmishes.

I still believe that people got too used to the pacing of the arcs between Sabaondy and the Timeskip, however it seems that some of those people are slowly getting used to OP's original pacing and true genre once again.

Once again, I must say I agree with you, Randrak. Also, as someone who's been following the weekly chapters since the Water 7 storyline, I've seen lots of similar complaints pop up from people who jumped to the series smack-dab in the middle of the Enies Lobby arc (which, much like the ID and Marineford arcs after it, was a near-nonstop festival of action). Like I said in my last post, those kinds of climactic battle-oriented storylines tend to spoil some folks, methinks. And it also makes me all the more sad that many of those same people tend to look down on arcs like Skypiea, which is more in tune with the actual spirit of the series.....