View Single Post
Old 2012-02-08, 15:01   Link #49
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amirali View Post
There was one point in the HM arc where Orihime was struggling to heal Ichigo's because Ulquiorra's reiatsu was clinging to the wounds. That implies her powers are less effective rejecting damage inflicted by a power superior to hers. Since yamaji lost his arm because of his own explosion ability, it may be that she simply can't reject damage caused by the most powerful being in the Bleachverse. Considering the level of BS in various bleach loopholes, this is one of the more justifiable ones.
nice point right here. it will probably never be explained. either this or his pride is fine with me though.

Quote:
I wish this meant we would see Ishida gain more relevance and become a powerful character. He is, after all, the only nakama to defeat a captain even if through a one-off powerup.

Sadly, I expect we'll see something more like a "rescue ishida" , damsel-in-distress type arc.
lolz... I hope not. I prefer Haak's theory.

But this is most definitely an arc about Quincy. It's Ishida's turn to be the nakama highlighted in the arc, which means there will be about 5 pages of him and no development...