View Single Post
Old 2012-02-14, 09:45   Link #98
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
That assertion was made under the assumption that Koichi's reason for returning to Yomiyama 1.5 years ago would be to attend Ritsuko's funeral. Assuming that is indeed the case, I find it unlikely the "curse" would have been the cause of her death - it's unlikely she had any relatives attending class 3-3 ~ 1.5 years ago.
That's not necessarily the case. She could have been the assistant homeroom teacher of class 3 a year and a half ago, which was... 1996, a year that was extensively discussed in this episode and we know the curse claimed several victims. If you think about it, we don't know anything about her including what kind of job she has/had, unless I forgot about it, which is possible (can anybody confirm or deny?). If she is another, then she has to have been a victim of the curse, otherwise that means we can discard pretty much everything we learned those past two episodes as total bullshit, and I wouldn't be too happy about that. "Another" has to fit the criteria that were presented to us.

I did a bit more thinking after my lost where I presented Miss Mikami and Reiko as the biggest suspect, and realized

I rewatched the scene at the library in the hope the librarian's explanation would make more sense, but I only noticed one more inconsistency: at some point during the conversation, he said he remembers Mami Asakura was absent from the records of 1993 and present in 1996, and later claims that once the school year ends, "Another" is erased from people's memories and the records go back to normal. Does not compute.