View Single Post
Old 2012-02-17, 07:56   Link #27912
ndqanh_vn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drifloon View Post
I'm pretty sure there are several red statements about a human Beatrice existing at that time.
The problem is, there is no Red in Prime, or in reality. The red is correct in that story, in that specific gameboard, but we can't know whether it is true on Prime or not. Same with the live-dead status of Kinzo.

And even in the story, red is not particularly...useful, especially it concerned human and body and personality and oh all that stuff....

About Beato 2's pregnancy, what makes me wonder is not whether it is possible that she had a child at that point or not, but the issue of storytelling. If what we're told in EP7 is true, any writers should at least give some foreshadowing, however vague it might be during the scene Rosa meets with Beatrice. It is not to say that Ryukishi is not a competent writer, I still think he is most of the time. It is whether the meeting of Rosa confirmed or denied the possibility of Beatrice 2 having a child with Kinzo, as there're nothing in Rosa testimony to suggest it, and it feel weird for her to remain so innocence and pure after being raped, got pregnant and having children. Or ep 7 is just an especially nasty fanfic. It appears to redeem Kinzo, but raping your child is pretty much considered the unforgivable crime to most people.

However, if we put the problem of storytelling asides, we did not know what Beato2 was like before, then there was a possibility that her overly innocence that Rosa sees is a result of a mental shock. Rosa is not very observant, just like...the rest of her family.
ndqanh_vn is offline   Reply With Quote