View Single Post
Old 2012-02-21, 08:11   Link #1232
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixl View Post
Actually it does not stop with the writer. 4 others have actually resigned as well.

Eric Brown, the guy who made the 1.7 mil subscribers statement, resigned.
http://www.joystiq.com/2012/02/09/ea...tions-company/

In addition 3 other TOR devs have resigned to make an Indie RTS/RPG company. I'll have there names in just a sec.
http://kotaku.com/5886418/bioware-tr...rategyrpgthing

Arnie Jorgensen : swtor Lead Concept Artist. (they'll live)
John Watson : swtor Lead Combat Programmer. (big deal?)
Alex Thomas : swtor Senior Environment Artist. (they'll live)

edit: It may very well be a coincidence and TOR could be okay, but it is definitely bad timing all around. No one likes to see resignations of staff so close together even if it amounts to nothing. That and, leaving a project/game that is suppose to be wildly successful always leads to speculation of problems.
That many people who where in high level posistions leaving is suspicious and to me does imply some sort of house cleaning... you think these people would have stayed long enough to make expansion packs if they where leaving on good terms. All the articles are very vague about there future projects, which by itself isnt too odd but usually one or two would have had more info if this leaving wasnt something being rushed along.

As a fan of Kotor 1 & 2 a part of me wants this to lead to making all of TOR unoffical and Kotor 3 to repace them (no offense TOR fans but I didnt like TOR even after a month of trying all the characters, however kotor was one of my fav series ever and even after all this I want my direct sequel that doesnt follow the plot line of TOR), but I know Lucasarts will never let that happen since Lucas wants a straight timeline and no series not being cannon plus they wanted a new MMO and will likely now find the next successful Star Wars game series and convert the series into a MMO against fan wishes once TOR no longer earns them any more profit. I wonder if they'll try it with battlefront next... at least that series would make sense going full online multiplayer.