View Single Post
Old 2012-02-29, 07:52   Link #2193
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
Maybe he watched the movie? I was wondering, was that "forbidden" name spoken in the movie?
Well if it was spoken in the movie it wouldn't be forbidden and secret, would it? The movie's title has "Aquaria" in it, so I think we can safely assume that the mecha in it was called Aquaria, like the F and M type "Aquarion" mecha. Not to mention that not even Suomi (who is apparently a Head Priestess of sorts?) knew the name Aquarion despite it being the centre of their religion(?? wtf?).

And Amata didn't just know the name, he also knew what to do once he was in the cockpit. So...

Btw, it's interesting to look at what various people know about the background. At Vega people think the story of Aquaria, Apollon and Silvie is a fairytale, and apparently only a few select individuals know more (Fudou, Crea, Donar and whatshisname, the commander - then again, I'm sure Fudou is pretty much all-knowing and Crea also knows a lot more than she lets on). Over at Altair, Izumo, Mykage, Jin and Kagura apparently know more. They referred to Aquarion as "Mechanical angel" (used by the Angels in srs 1, and maybe others as well?), Kagura recognized the Solar Wing and Mykage and Izumo recognized the Mugen Attack/Punch as the "forbidden technique". (And I'm pretty sure this is not because they're all huge fans of the movie - Mykage's presence and the wing/feather motifs all over Altair plus the dimension gate technology makes me suspect that Altair has Angels in its history.)
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote