View Single Post
Old 2012-03-01, 18:24   Link #1
monir
cho~ kakkoii

History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi (Shijou Saikyou no Deshi Kenichi) OVA

Expected Release Date: March 16, 2012

Animation Production: Brains Base

Episode Count: 2

We need a thread for this, don't we? This two-episode OVA is bundled with the 46th and 47th volume of the manga that is being released on March 16, 2012. The VA cast remained the same aside from one notable exception. Miu will be voiced by Kugimiya Rie!!!!! I've a mixed feeling about this major change. Miu is a soft, gentle character which is a role Kugimiya Rie isn't often seen with. Either way, she is an exceptional VA, so I guess I've to have my faith. The synopsis in the following is for the virgins of this story:
Shirahama Ken'ichi is an average student who has earned the nickname "Weak Legs" from always getting bullied. One day he meets a cute girl named Fuurinji Miu who helps him build the courage to begin training at a mysterious dojo where she lives. Here Kenichi faces intense training from masters of many different martial arts styles as he attempts to become stronger.
Brains Base's involvement also ensures we will have a decent budget to animate the OVA above par. I also hope this OVA signifies more Kenichi in the near future.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote