Thread: Licensed Kannaduki no Miko
View Single Post
Old 2005-01-01, 19:02   Link #1271
Mentar
Banned

I suspect that we're at the edge of overanalyzing things - and most less zealous folks on these boards will probably think that we're already far beyond.

The only thing we know for sure is that until the very end - in full Orochi mode - Chikane was always able to stay her course. To push Himeko to hate her, needing drastic measures for that, yet never giving in to kill her (what Orochi desired). Therefore I interpret even her violating Himeko not as somehow giving in to her "evil" side or anything, but to execute a premediated plan which REQUIRED these actions in a very controlled manner. I think that anything happening between "I've decided, Himeko. I've decided." at the end of ep7 and timecode 5:45 in ep12 was part of her plan, her decision.

Is this the only possible interpretation? No, but it's the one I feel is most consistent. And also the most romantic ^_^ ... and thus the one most in synch with the "spirit" of this anime, IMO. It's fine if TYD and you come to different conclusions, I'm not saying that I'm necessarily right.

I just suspect that I'm getting the most satisfaction out of the story ^_^
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote