View Single Post
Old 2012-03-25, 18:10   Link #192
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snork View Post
TBH, I have long suspected that WN is simply invulnerable to all but magical attacks. No matter how massive an arsenal, Homura would always need at least one other Puella Magi with offensive spells to stand a chance.
That's an interesting thought, but I honestly hope it's not true, because it would make Homura look kinda foolish, imo. I prefer to see Homura as a very smart and cunning person. Almost like a Magical Girl Batman, basically.

Quote:
Of course, that applies mostly to the anime timeline with enough data exposure. And it occurs to me that, since Madoka/QB talk in ep 11, it might not even be a given. It is the full scope of things that helped Madoka realize what she wants from Kyuubey, and since that moment, WN arriving and Homura being in danger were only catalysts. Even if Homura had won, how long would Madoka have lived with the knowledge that "always, somewhere, someone is fighting for you... only to be turned into a lethal monster for all her pain, hopes and trouble"? So much the more that her friend's fate gave her a front seat view on what most of these girls go through.
I haven't played this PSP game, but I would think that in "The Tea Party" end, Madoka might never find out about "Puella Magi inevitably become witches if they don't die first". I mean, Sayaka is there in that Tea Party end, so Madoka didn't learn about this from Octavia.

So if Madoka never learns about this...

Quote:
Although to conclude again, episode 11 is likely a point of no return. Or more like episode 9 if we dig deeper - see my thoughts on Homura's chances of soloing WN, and even in the case of victory, we need to assume she had a huge stock of grief seeds, for we all remember in what state she finished the battle in TL3 even with Madoka's help.
Your rationale here seems reasonable to me. You're right that these may well be points of no return.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
She also leads them to a heavenly paradise, according to official word on the matter.
This is an interpretation of Episode 12 that I've always been fond of, but I never knew it was confirmed. Where was it confirmed? I'd genuinely like to read/see that.

Last edited by Triple_R; 2012-03-25 at 18:31.
Triple_R is offline   Reply With Quote