View Single Post
Old 2012-03-25, 23:04   Link #229
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
I'd prefer Mahouka over TAMNI. Mahouka has a lot of confusing fictional technical terms, some useless ones, but at least they sound right. And those terms will be used throughout the whole novel.

TAMNI, I really hate its term of magic. They're all useless stuffs we have to read to understand what nonsense magical power is being used as well as its fictional history. There seem to exist only Christian and Norse magic too. I can't even imagine how Touma could have survived all the crap he has been in. And mages just started training their body recently to counter Touma despite the fact that even if they use magic, they still need a very fit and tough body to fight. Also, they could have used guns...

Esper users are even more complicated. Railgun is too heavily underpower, the real thing should easily kill (vaporize) a person (or a bunch of people) if used, yet she used it quite frequently against people (especially the MC, but that's exception). I guess the author now has to rethink about what should he explain about Railgun now that the US military finally succeeded making it, and they're too overpower it scares me.

Still, the activation time of magic and how fast they can input codes on CAD in Mahouka is kind of superhuman already. Seriously, doing all that in milliseconds? I'd believe that if all they do is clicking a single button.
sigh, Magic in tamni are based on fables or story from which you probably heard or knew making it easier to understand on how he magic works and how it will work and a set rule on how it can only work.

while for science side. The terms used can be actually google and believable because it's based in real science. And as for Mikoto's railgun. Its actually stronger than what it should be. Because Mikoto is just using a game token. The weight or mass of the token can't make a 2 meter crater as an after effect of it. It's over kill a good computation was presented using real math that a higher caliber gun would be even better than her so called railgun.

And lastly. A magician is a magician because it uses magic.

Look at mahouka. The so called bloom and weed system that result in stupid discrimination. The bloom had pride because they are better than weed. Their magic is far superior than them. But well Tatsuya was an all rounder and good at close combat so making a fight with him while your casting a spell is stupid too.

And if you compare it too the magicians in tamni which is proud of their magic then why would they use other means? specially they are fighting an "ordinary high school student" Touma just become famous bit by bit and become a world figure after the war so the enemy is trying to counter him.

And yes even if they hate using guns because they are magicians and nut ruffians. they ended up using guns. A big hitter and rapid guns against him.

In an analogy of a master of sword. you had pride of your mastery and techniques so can a master of sword lower his pride to use a cheap way like gun to win?

I'm not sure who mentioned this but someone mentioned that the author creates 1 to 2 page of explanation about the magic but the one he hates the most is when a 1 to 2 of explanation was just a fact a useless explanation because at the end their is a "BUT that is not the one they use" then proceed to another 1 to 2 page of explanation.