View Single Post
Old 2012-04-08, 03:48   Link #621
Ceral
はりゃほれうまうーっ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Those tweets are reassuring, but my problem was never with the actual material, but rather the quality of the visuals, heh.

As someone who has played (most of) the game, there's really not going to be much reason for me to watch this if it doesn't come close to KyoAni's art and animation quality, you know? There's no way it'll have the same kind of visual flair.
It should be fun just for the nostalgia. Like the first time meeting all of the heroines. Even though I've played the game already, as a fan of it, and just because I really liked some parts, I'll go revisit them in the VN once in awhile. Now being able to see everything animated will breathe new life into those scenes. I think it's gonna be a real kick to watch characters like Kud and Komari who are eccentric and very energetic be animated. Sort of like the way Fuuko was, probably some people can't stand Fuuko or don't care for her, but for her fans, being able to watch such a fun and unique, quirky character was a blast.

So the background might be blurry, the characters grainy and the animation won't be the smoothest possible but we'll still be able to visit a rooftop where mahou ensemble plays in the background with a blue sky and Komari's original VA talks to us in her high voice while alternating between embarrassing speeches on happiness and then panicking about some trivial thing. We know the music and the voice acting will be good, if the script and direction are decent, we won't need perfect visuals to have a successful scene I suspect. Big if, but visual quality isn't the most important thing, I'd take a show that's entertaining over one that looks like a moving painting but bores me to death.

When that first episode comes out, for just a little while I'll try to forget about animation production studios and watch the show to relive some of the most fun scenes ever imagined. I think they'll do a good job with making things such as Komari's clumsiness have a good comedic impact. If you're worried too much, you'd be like my friend who thinks a movie is unwatchable in 480p just because he's used to 1080p. Unless you're going to let yourself be hung up over a number, the fact that you won't be able to see a mole on some actress' face isn't going to make the show that much better. Or in LB's case, maybe the eye will look assymmetrical for a frame or something. If you look for that sort of thing, you've got a very good eye and you need to join a QA team and get that out of your system or something :P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemiSoda View Post
mostly laughing at them these days, since Disappearance was the only thing I liked from them in the last 3 years
This is exactly why I'm not that disappointed that Kyoani isn't doing it. If their heart isn't in it, they might pull some shit on us like endless eight. I'm sure Kyoani had their chance, if they didn't want to do it, forcing them would have only made things worse. Let a staff who wants to work on it, do it. If they're capable enough, and Key seems to think this Script Writer from Romeo's Blue Skies is, we should get something good. That said, I think your perfectly right in being skeptical.

For anyone with sky high expectations, yea, you should lower them :P. This way you'll either be pleasantly surprised or not disappointed :P.

Last edited by Ceral; 2012-04-08 at 04:32. Reason: Romeo's not Romeo of