View Single Post
Old 2012-04-14, 10:56   Link #6
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Not sure where else to ask this, and I would rather use a current thread then start a new one, so...

I've downloaded MKVExtractGUI2 2.2.2.9 and placed it in the MKVtoolnix folder. I open the GUI and select the subtitle track I want to extract(it's an .ssa file in an .mkv file) and hit "Extract" and, it seems to work, but there is no output file. I'm currently using Windows 7 64 bit OS. I mainly want to correct a few spelling errors, and perhaps change a word or two.

Has anyone run across this issue? Is there something else I can do to just fix a word here and there in a subtitled MKV file?

Edit: I'm almost wondering if it is due to an Access Denied issue... whenever I attempt to move a file, I get a pop up that says access denied, and that I need administrator permission, but I can click "Continue" to give that permission and the file is moved. I don't remember getting this pop up box before, and I'm already the administrator and owner of my entire C:\ drive. I just double-checked, and I'm still logged on as me, and still have all those permissions. I wonder if this pop up box is inhibiting the creation of the subtitle output file, and if there is a way to make this pop up box go away.

Last edited by Kaijo; 2012-04-14 at 11:12.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote