Thread: Licensed Eureka Seven: Astral Ocean
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-18, 02:51   Link #595
Jarmel

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
Here's my take on E7AO: It's a sequel to the themes, but not a sequel in sense of storyline. The show is intended as a follow-up in the sense that fans of the original series would feel familiar with the themes expressed in the world and technology, as well as the characters designs and general feel of the show.

I think Ao is certainly the son of Renton and Eureka, but they will not explicitly be the Renton and Eureka of the E7 TV series or the E7 movie. Renton and Eureka represent Kyoda's specific vision of the boy meets girl theme in stories. To put a spin on AO, instead of making it another parallel story about Renton meeting Eureka again, instead he is making sequel to that story concept now. So this is a story about a new generation after Renton meets Eureka, but it is a sequel to the E7 concept itself, and not any specific E7 story (TV, movie, manga, etc).

In Kyoda's mind, there are probably an unlimited number of possibly variations of the original E7 story, and this is intended to be a follow-up to all of them, but none of them specifically. That's what I think is happening here.
I would actually be fine with this. They're not running over the previous series but it's still somewhat a sequel I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocoBar9 View Post
Just saying, the plot synopsis on the main site says that it takes place 20 years later. You don't even need Japanese, you can see it there.

Also, the fact that they showed the moon so clearly at all means this is clearly to set the viewers off as a plot point
It is IMPOSSIBLE for this to be only 20 years later unless they do a shit ton of retconning or it's in another universe. It's not a simple '20 years later' story. It might be twenty years later but there is also either a time jump and so it's twenty years down the road for Eureka but not necessarily the world or they're in a parallel universe. Either way it's very deceptive of the writers to frame it like that.
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote