View Single Post
Old 2012-05-01, 10:40   Link #22
rpapo

I hadn't realized the conversation here had resumed, and was just checking randomly.

Anyway, with regards to the LN translation, it proceeds in my spare time. I've got a job, home and family, so I typically only get an hour or two per day to work on this stuff. That's typically good for about five pages of the original book per week.

I am helping out the manga scanlators as well, though mostly by proofreading their translation. I didn't even know they were working on it until last week. Here is a summary of the chapters so far:

(1) Introduction, from Banri meeting Mitsuo through to the part where Linda throws Banri a kiss after rescuing him from the samba dancers. LN Volume 1, chapter 1.
(2) Banri finding Kouko in the hallway at school, isolated. This chapters proceeds to where the cultist drags the two of them off to a coffee shop. This chapter includes the conversation between Banri and Mitsuo about beautiful people and the advantages they have. LN Volume 1, chapter 2.
(3) Banri and Kouko meet up in front of the university, along with others, to go to the so-called training camp. Includes a flashback to how they were railroaded into coming. At the end, it is revealed they are trapped in the cultist's church. LN Volume 1, start of chapter 3.
(4) Further adventures in the cultist's church, culminating with their escape into the woods at night.
(5) Banri and Kouko in the mountain woods at night. This is mostly a long conversation.
(6) Still in the woods. At the end, Linda finds them out there and Banri realizes she was one who rescued him from the samba dancers. To the end of LN book 1, chapter 3.
(7) Enter Chinami. Kouko has a melt down seeing her and Mitsuo together. This will be the first chapter of the tankobon volume 2, and corresponds to the first part of the LN book 1, chapter 4.
(8) Linda takes Banri and Kouko out to lunch, and then to the Extras club practice session. Almost all of the rest of LN book 1, chapter 4.

Last edited by rpapo; 2012-05-03 at 18:15. Reason: More details.
rpapo is offline   Reply With Quote