View Single Post
Old 2012-05-02, 01:36   Link #9
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

The undermining rationale for economics is psychology. What really amazes me is how politicians can quote terms like "sustainable" while allowing big companies to use legal loopholes to buy up smaller ones.

This just came up today.

Wage shock therapy too risky, says PM Lee

While he has his point about risk, he is not offering any alternative and opting to "stay at it is". With rising costs of living and slowed wage growth, it is going affect sales - and that makes up a large component in a first-world consumer-based economy.

What hurts me even more is to see people unable to afford the simplest whole life insurance plan just because they risk retrenchment - companies are more willing to hire foreign workers and not have to pay CPF and standard wage levels for the locals; how is that going to boost productivity when consumers can't even afford to buy?

And there they go ranting about the need for these foreign workers because the younger generation is not producing enough babies - the wannabe parents work extra hours just to support their parents and themselves, can't barely support a baby for education, clothing, food for the next 20 years. This is a deathward spiral being swept under the carpet; there is no motivation for productivity anymore when self-sufficiency is barely met.

P.S As a local citizen, I am partly to blame for the lack of consumption, sales and productivity. I have been spending less than I should in the past 5 months.......about 75% less. No wonder the businesses out there can't make any money.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote