Thread: Licensed Akb0048
View Single Post
Old 2012-05-03, 12:33   Link #420
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I really enjoyed episode one, and have watched it three times. But by watching more than once, I have come to understand people's complaints. You really, really have to suspend a lot of disbelief. And it is laughably self-serving to make a show about how wonderful and essential idol entertainment is. If I put on my serious hat, it looks like another highly effective tool in the hands of the hegemons. In fact, entertainment is not banned by our governments, but used as a tool to keep us quiet.

Even joshuafaramir's rather extreme comments make sense to me. The idea of doing a concert while rockets are flying around is pure fantasy. But highly enjoyable fantasy, lol. I'd say just relax and enjoy the show. You have to let the music and the shoujo friendship-and-achievement emotions wash over you and carry you forward.

For me, the hardest thing to accept was the way Nagisa caught up to the shuttle and then was whipped aboard between the closing doors. Just a bit too much fantasy.

But I still enjoyed the show a lot. Tears sprang to my willing eyes several times. Even the heart-shaped marks in people's eyes worked for me. I have always thought anime does fantasy far better than it does reality, and this is strong fantasy.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote