View Single Post
Old 2012-05-09, 20:46   Link #317
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
And I highly doubt that the Philippines can push China to its limit given the rickety armed forces and the most confrontational thing the government has done is ask for an ITLOS arbitration.

If, and I stress IF, China decides to go to war, it will be for far less provocation than this.
Then there simply won't be war. I don't know the details of the conversation, but China doesn't really like the US marine force out in Australia neither. Though there'd be very little chance that US will dare to send its army in case of a war, China will stay prudent.

Plus, it has been long since China has gone out to war. And right now, there's quite some drama going inside China's communist party, with some even accused of throwing a coup d'état. There's many things to deal inside the party, and the radical wing would probably be shut down.

If there really was a war, then the discussions should be quite ugly. Not a good time to start a war.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
I say the same thing. That's why I urge that country to bring this to the International Tribunal. I'm asking why? why is she afraid? Afraid of humiliation? Come on, we don't want war, I'm just saying we are ready for the worst.
It isn't the first time a country is skeptical of the UN, and surely not the last time. And as I said, PRC regards it as personal matters to deal with the Philippines.