View Single Post
Old 2012-05-11, 11:46   Link #28752
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saorin View Post
I'm not defending any other "theory" against Shkanon or whatnot, I personally just believe it's a stupid and disappointing way to wiggle out of the entire business and I also tend to believe (!) that Ryu might not be entirely honest in interviews and so on. He always made the impression to me to enjoy tricking his readers continously and leaving them dangling - if he had no problem with acknowledging Shannon's fake breasts in interviews and whatnot, why was he reluctant about being specific about that "truth" he always talked about and never said "that readers reached the truth of Shkanon / Yasu" blah?
But as always, this is subjective.

However, I guess as long as there's no red text from Ryukishi himself, I can go on merrily preferring other possible cat box solutions . ^_^
Well, I can also keep finding Shkanon blatantly stupid even if it was true, so.. >_>

Don't worry you are not alone in thinking shkanon is blatantly stupid, just ask Renall!

I'm not that much judgemental about it, but I always thought it needed to have a very good explanation. There have been theories that more or less make it sound more plausible and acceptable, but to be honest I'm not 100% satisfied, and anyway I think that when you write something absolutely outrageous that's when you owe your readers an explanation, you can't just let them speculate on their own when the easier explanation "bad writing" is just around the corner.

But well, I started not to bother anymore about this particular issue.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote