View Single Post
Old 2012-05-11, 15:01   Link #28767
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
However given your fanfic Battler was aware of that loophole and didn't try to block it.
Meaning he was banking on the fact Erika would never see it (if she did, he'd be pretty much screwed).

What would he have done if Erika actually used that definition of room? Would he have been a good sport and accept utter defeat or would have he declared that such definition wasn't acceptable?
He states he thought it up at the last second, so it's more of a "given the parameters established at the time of the Logic Error being declared, an appropriate solution would have been x." This is essentially how Beatrice plays it with the intended solution, relying on the fact that the parameters established permit someone in the next room over potentially breaking the seal and leaving that room, thus making it possible for one of them to be the rescuer. She uses Kanon because his position is supposedly inescapable, but only because Erika is unaware of Shkanon and thus does not realize that "Kanon" is in fact in the next room over.

Had she been aware of the trickery in play, she would not have lost in either the actual case of ep6 or the theory I had Battler propose. It is possible to imagine a scenario in which an absolutely inescapable Logic Error is created, but were that actually done there'd be no dramatic resolution when someone is able to escape from it.

If Erika had actually suggested this before the Logic Error, he probably would've shot her down and forbidden it. There's no reason she would have done so, however, given that she was trying to get him to be more specific, not less. Thus any failure of specificity is squarely on Erika. Now, had she been specific enough, she could have easily won in any event.
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote