View Single Post
Old 2012-05-25, 10:21   Link #232
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenLand View Post
True about Andy. He's only a side character, mind, but love is pretty much the only thing he revolves around. If we contrast him with MIX, she does a little better: we know a tiny bit about her past, and that she has issues with men. Although the latter could be considered a romantic love-related thing too, even though it sprang from her dad's behaviour.

With Mikono, I'm not actually sure that her character revolves around love. Okay, love is a major theme of the series - it's in the title, backwards! it can't be denied - and there are two guys who like her (...okay, so they happen to be the same person...) but if I had to pick the central idea for her as a character, it would be one of changing herself into a person she likes better, trying to become someone with backbone who can be useful. She started out as a timid person with cripplingly low self esteem which hampers her immensely, convinced that she was totally useless, to the point where she bonded with Amata over thinking they were both losers and non-special, and failed to shake Zessica's hand. She was so closed in on herself and persuaded of failing before starting that it was hard for her to communicate meaningfully with anyone at all, or to try to take any positive action. The changes she's gone through aren't just because of romantic feelings.

Hopefully, the writers will give up on that eventually and let Zessica have a better ending! It's getting a bit sadistic. I don't want an Urobuchi ending for her...
Well, Love plays a part in everything in Evol so I see all characters revolved around it. They just deal with it differently. Zessica is dealing with her love for Amata who can't see her love because he's trying to ger Mikono's love who can't commit to his love because she's trying to understand Kagura's love who's trying to troll Amata and take Mikono away to love her while Mykage is abusing all that love to get what he wants. If anyone is having fun in al this sadistic despair and chasing love spree it's Mykage, that guy must be sipping fine wine and laughing at his trolling antics on a daily basis.

I do agree that Mikono isn't the same weak girl from the start but it makes me wonder how Amata will deal with that as well. He fell in love with the weak Mikono yet not she doesn't really need him and is trying to do great things without him while he's far from her mind. Amata on the other hand couldn't stop thinking about Mikono until Zessica supposedly died and he grew a pair of balls. I fully expect him to put up a very decent fight against Kagura because he isn't the same man he was when they first met. Also he has been practicing on how to counteract the Reverse power that Kagura has, he failed the first time but now that he's focused, pissed off, and determined things might not end up the same way.