View Single Post
Old 2012-05-27, 10:27   Link #706
darktruth

Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post
I do know that there are a few overseas fans on AS that buy BDs/DVDs from some of the Japanese distributors (I seem to recall animate, but could be wrong). I also know of Mandarake being used, though that's a 2nd-hand shop, so you're not really supporting the industry directly that way. Also, it could be that these fans are using 3rd party buying services (or relatives/friends residing in Japan), which would jack the price up even further.
That would most likely be me you're talking about since the majority of my Japanese anime BD imports seem to come from Animate.

Amazon Japan never really persuaded me to purchase from them over the years, even with their big discounts. I've only bought a few items from them but compared to how much I buy my anime from Animate for full RRP (plus proxy fees) or used to buy from CDJapan regularly, it's quite minimal.

Of course the main reason is store exclusive bonuses but even when I first started importing I never considered using Amazon Japan, partly because of their expensive shipping costs when I only want to purchase just one or a few items.

Conversation's deep
When you talk to yourself
There's no way to cheat
Cause you know you can't be no one else…
darktruth is offline   Reply With Quote