View Single Post
Old 2012-05-27, 12:27   Link #18
judasmartel
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
Spoiler for spoiler:
Ah, good old Fridge Logic. If such a broken ability has its own flaws, the why they don't exploit it. It's like asking why mages won't use a gun on someone who can nullify their magic.

But it's not like sports manga characters are THAT smart to exploit those flaws the first opportunity they get, anyway.

But look, sometimes, not exploiting the opponents' flaws at first opportunity is almost always a good thing because doing so right after you see it might catch you off guard for something even more nastier than that. Letting your opponent use his OP ability a certain number of times allows you to study that ability and think of a way to counter that in a reasonable, realistic span of time.

Suppose your opponent can disappear right at you in a blink of an eye, can you think of a counter to it RIGHT ON THE SPOT? No. And even if you can, are you sure he has nothing else up his sleeve? Again, no. You have to let him disappear on you so many times before you can think of a counter against it.

So, I ask again, is a basketball NINJA gaining scoring ability a bad thing?

@Undertaker So ES21 is the ONLY realistic sports manga written so far? Because if it is, I may have to do some research on pro sports stats to prepare for my first sports story, lol. I had an idea in mind about a timid guy of below average height who just plain sucks on offense but is GODLY AWESOME on defense.
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote