View Single Post
Old 2012-05-27, 16:08   Link #666
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarkboy View Post
The drums and piano are played by the people listed on ANN: They're both really young talented Jazz musicians that Kanno picked out herself, and video recordings of them playing (I hear there were 12 cameras set up around the drumset) are what were used as the basis for the animation.
The sequence in episode one that i used for my recent Sen avatar is animated "on the ones!"

Every frame is different from its predecessor, some just subtly so. One frame captures simply a shoulder movement, and occasionally the camera itself moves up and down as Sen lifts and drops his body during the complete performance (at 18:00). Most televised shows duplicate each frame two or three times to save money, in essence reducing the theoretical 24 frames/second maximum down to twelve or eight frames. It's very expensive to animate every single frame. Maybe using live-action as the foundation makes it cheaper, but maybe not. Folks with production knowledge, chime in here please!

I haven't captured the frames from the duet, but I'm willing to bet it's animated on the ones as well. How will this show ever earn its money back?

Quote:
I heard them do a version of the duet live at the noitaminA kickoff press conference/announcement two months ago.
That's that "charm" quark at work again, isn't it, QB?

While I have you here, can I ask you why Crunchyroll doesn't subtitle the OP and ED? I'm guessing there are rights issues involved (when are there not?), but maybe I'm off base.

Last edited by SeijiSensei; 2012-05-27 at 16:20.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote