View Single Post
Old 2012-05-28, 03:05   Link #3116
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
What? The multiplayer was a great idea. What could they have done with all the effort they spent on it, work on the ending? Pffft.

But seriously, I wonder if they had just focused on single player, might they have avoided the bad ending debacle?
The ending was a result of artistic story decisions resting solely on Casey Hudson's shoulders, which can't be changed no matter how much money or effort you throw at it. Multiplayer pretty much takes nothing away from the singleplayer in terms of storytelling. Even if you took away the time and resources into making multiplayer, if the basis of the singleplayer ending - how it ends - doesn't change, you end up with pretty much the same thing anyway. To throw in an analogy, you can hire a skilled artisan to sculpt a piece of wood into a nice-looking statue, but even if you get a god-like artisan to work on it, you still end up with a wooden statue and not a gold one.

In fact, Mass Effect 3's multiplayer is looking to be ME3's most successful component if the player numbers are anything to go by - heck, I was who initially ambivalent at the concept now enjoy ME3 MP than the SP, and I'm primarily a singleplayer gamer.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote