View Single Post
Old 2012-06-01, 10:11   Link #37
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakabcd View Post
Guys, I don't know if we are reading the same chapter!

How could you miss that Robin was flying with wings! in the middle of page 18 and on the bottom middle of the same page??!!?

I'd probably be more impressed with Robin's move if she hadn't already revealed it way back during the Thriller Bark storyline.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by holypanl View Post
wall o' text

Uh yeah, not like I disagree with you about the general definition of a pirate or anything, but you've gotta remember that what matters is Oda's vision of what pirates are. In fact, I'm pretty sure that he still has pirates split up into the two categories he had established way back in the first Romance Dawn one-shot: "Peace Mains" (pirates who care more about adventuring than murdering/plundering), and "Morgania" (which basically fits your view of what pirates should be).

So just because the Straw-Hats aren't a bunch of a vicious rogues doesn't mean that they can't be pirates in Oda's mind, and I have no objection to that (hey, didn't I just say a couple posts back that I have more appreciation for the simpler aspects of the series than the complex ones?).