View Single Post
Old 2012-06-17, 11:58   Link #26
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
What bearing does that have? It only has bearing if each and every one of these 4 LNs requires the exact same amount of TV time in anime format, which may well not be the case.
Archon says that Fate/Zero didn't seem designed with this break in mind, something I find pretty funny considering if you followed the novel release from the start you had to suffer through 3 breaks.

Quote:
The filler episode could have conceivably been added so that the first cour would end on a good moment for ending a first cour within a split cour format (a cliffhanger moment in Fate/Zero's case).

This isn't a concern if you can do a "straight run" of 24 to 26 episodes without needing an end point/cliffhanger point of sorts half-way in between.
Most two cour shows with an ongoing plot have some sort of halfway point "end/moment" regardless, and plenty of 2 cour series have had "fillerish" episodes included as well as episodes that dragged like Lagranges, blaming this on split cour is silly.

Quote:
Recap episodes are thankfully rather rare, as it is, and less common than they used to be, at least in my experience. The last recap episode I can recall is one for Chihayafuru. Other than that one, I can't recall seeing a recap episode in ages. There's plenty of traditional two cour anime shows without recap episodes, and many of them are recent.

And I very much doubt that Fate/Zero would have bothered with a recap episode even if it did take a traditional two cour approach.
If they needed to use a split cour model in the first place than they needed the time to give their team a break, recaps occur when you have production problems.... It's not like Aniplex/UFOTABLE made Fate/Zero a split cour series in order to sell 12 volumes instead of 9. As for recaps they can and have happened (lol Wolf's Rain), i've never seen one in a split cour show and the only time I've seen one for a one cour was Bakemonogatari.. and well that was LOL SHAFT and like RahXephon and Code Geass they ignored it.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote